Social Media Boot Camps
The Social Media Boot Camps were created to help advance communities forward in their work with social media tools, and in a connected, digital culture. After observing that periodic webinar attendance alone didn't necessarily translate into high quality practices for participants, we created this more intensive approach to help individuals, organizations and whole communities take major steps forward.
The Social Media Boot Camp is an intensive program to help Jewish organizations learn about social media culture, theory and tools, and to help you design and implement a social media project in your organization over the year. The Boot Camp has three components:
- Live events, to bring teams together, build the cohort, learn the foundations of social media, chart our course for the year, and share knowledge and experience. Prepare to be inspired, challenged and have a handful of “ah-ha” moments!
- A webinar series where we infuse new knowledge and skills into the community, as well as promoting sharing of knowledge and experience among the participants. We tackle a variety of topics from theory to staffing to policies and a range of tools like Facebook, Twitter and blogs.
- Small group and private coaching and consulting to help you design, develop and implement local projects. Webinar-based coaching allows us to work in any community, and helps lay leadership participate regularly from home or work.
Social Media Boot Camps are often supported by a local Federation or foundation, and include 10-30 organizations. Recent Boot Camps have included:
- 20 synagogues on Long Island, funded by UJA Federation of New York
- 20 diverse Jewish organizations in Northern New Jersey funded by a Berrie Innovation Grant
- 10 teams from Jewish educational organizations, funded by The Covenant Foundation
- 10 Jewish day schools in New York and New Jersey, funded by The AVI CHAI Foundation.
To learn more about bringing a Social Media Boot Camp to your community, contact Lisa Colton.
You can download the Social Media Boot Camp full color flyer below.
this is the content for the bootcamp block.